Falconbury’s fully residential Executive Mini-MBA will supercharge your management skills. It provides a practical approach to the key business skills and, through case studies, opportunities to apply tools and techniques to your own company.
Falconbury’s In-House Mini ‘Executive MBA’ training is the most cost-effective way to train your senior management team. It focuses on the core elements of an MBA; strategy and change, finance, people and leadership and marketing skills but tailored to your teams needs.
High-potential managers and executives wanting to enhance their general management capabilities. This highly interactive five-day programme will apply key business skills to common challenges to demonstrate how tools and tactics can deliver effective control and create value.
Your next step is to call us now on +44 (0)20 7729 6677 or email us at email@example.com or use our contact form and find out how we can help. There are no commitments, and if we cannot help our advice and recommendations are free of charge.
In this module you will explore and develop your knowledge of core elements of strategic thinking and analysis. You will apply the vital strategic business models to analyse performance in your own and different businesses and industry allowing you to understand and develop a strategic plan that delivers your commercial objectives.
Defining and demystifying strategy?
The two different schools of strategy
The classic strategic planning process
Assessing industry attractiveness and profitability
Low cost versus differentiated strategies – where are you?
Understanding growth – what is driving future growth?
Understanding Classic Portfolio Analysis – The BCG Matrix
Blue Ocean Thinking – Applying the disciplines
Understanding the competition
Strategy feasibility checklist
LEADING STRATEGIC CHANGE
The challenge of strategic implementation and execution
Applying a change management tool kit
Reviewing your change projects
This module is designed to help you understand the language of business finance. It will provide you with a clear understanding of the key financial indicators and terminology used. It is a very practical module that will build from little or no financial knowledge. The content will be immediately applicable in your business. It will be relevant and serious, but enjoyable!
The finance model
Financial terminology and policies
Key financial statements
Key financial ratios
EVENING WORKSHOP – DELIVERING KNOCK-OUT PRESENTATIONS
Presentations can often be a daunting prospect: you have to get a message across as well as engage with the audience. This workshop will give you top tips on how to:
• Look and feel more confident when speaking in public
• Plan a presentation quickly
• Stick to your key points and get them remembered
• Grab audience attention and keep it throughout
• Use your voice to engage your listeners
• Increase your physical impact with movement and gesture
This module will take a look at the core topics and the real purpose of marketing today. You will be able to understand the role and contribution of marketing, both traditional and digital, to business success in order to develop the best margins, profits and revenues.
What is marketing?
• Examples of breakthrough marketing from existing companies
Examining the new competitive environment
• Understanding the changing business environment and the pressures creating the imperative of market-driven strategy
Defining markets, segments and targets effectively
• The benefits of narrowing and broadening definitions of the market
• Creative segmentation as the route to dominance and virtual monopoly
• Different bases for segmentation and the supremacy of behaviour-based segmentation schemes
• Segments of one, one-to-one marketing and mass customisation
Positioning and the 4 P’s
• Positioning – and how it impacts the 4 P decision
• Current examples of clear and confused positioning
Product/service life cycles
• Managing and matching life cycle stages to behaviour-based market segments
• Cash flow implications of the life cycle and the Boston Matrix portfolio Customer life cycles and CRM
• Retention Marketing versus Conquest Marketing
• The economics of customer acquisition, retention, satisfaction and loyalty, a CRM philosophy
The impact of social media on business
• What is changing? – latest statistics, trends, demographics and research
• Impact of mobility, social, cloud computing and globalisation
• Impact on society – hierarchical systems challenged by self-organising networks
• Impact on business – 9-to-5 local becomes 24/7 global
• Employees, partners and customers as brand advocates
Aligning social media with your marketing plan
• Situation analysis and planning, communications and marketing objectives
• Content and channel roadmap, audience messages and engagement
• Strategy and delivery plans, evaluation and measurement
Using social media to generate revenue and transform your business
• Monitoring influencers and real-time engagement with customers
• Co-creation with brand advocates
• Crowd-sourcing product and service innovations
• Easy access to new and emerging markets
PRACTICAL SOCIAL MEDIA SESSION
This practical session requires the use of your laptop. Please bring your’s along with you.
This module will explore the different types of leadership style and their relative effectiveness. It will also help you identify your own motivational and leadership style and preferences. You will learn how to adjust your style to suit the needs of others in order to increase your influencing capabilities. The session will also explore what makes for success in building high performance teams.
CASE STUDY SESSION
During the course of the programme you will participate in group sessions that will apply the learning and skills you have developed in the context of a unique case study, the key aim is to illustrate an integrated approach to business management. It offers the opportunity to test your ideas in a simulated environment.
Mark Thomas is an international business consultant, author and speaker specialising in, business planning, managing change, human resource management and executive development. Prior to becoming a Senior Partner with Performance Dynamics Management Consultants he worked for several years with Price Waterhouse in London where he advised on the business and organisational change issues arising out of strategic reviews in both private and public sector organisations. Whilst at Price Waterhouse he was responsible for the management of consulting teams along with the profitability of assignments. His business and consulting experiences have included major organisational changes including strategic alignments, mergers and acquisitions and restructuring.
His key areas of interest and business activity include strategic change management and the facilitation of business planning and top team events. He regularly designs, leads and facilitates top team sessions on a wide range of business planning issues and initiatives – re-organisations, change programmes and mergers. A highly accomplished facilitator he has designed and run many challenging and complex business workshops in a variety of industries and sectors. In addition he manages a whole series of executive development and organisation development initiatives that support wider organisational change – these include executive leadership, internal consulting and coaching programmes. He is a visiting Assistant Professor at the TiasNimbas Business School in Holland where he lectures on various post-graduate and in-company programmes. He also tutors and lectures at the GDFSuez Corporate University and previously at MCE in Brussels.
Mark’s client experience has included major multi-national and global corporations such as: Lloyds TSB Asset Management, Pfizer, Red Bull, Motorola, KPN, Hagemeyer, Barclays Capital, HSBC, ECB, Reuters, Cisco, Sony, Sun International, Forte, Coca Cola, Mars, Unilever, Neste, Aramex, Philip Morris, PPG, Oxford University Press, C&A, Sara Lee, Shell, Schroders, Union Bank of Switzerland, Alcatel, NCR, American Management Association, Alcoa, Aspect Telecommunications, Autodesk and Logica.
This course qualifies for the following CPD programmes: